Monday, January 17, 2011

Somebody has to work!


Gus getting ready for work in his kennel/desk.

Most of the people at BT are retired, but Larry is not!  After a year of planning a workspace, our conversion of the bunkbed area of our 38qba is complete and it seems to be working well.  The desk area doubles as Gus's kennel when we are traveling.  In this picture, you can see the gate that we use to confine him in the space while we are moving. It fits across the opening and is stored next to the desk when we are parked. Luckily, Gus doesn't like to open doors, the way Max did; this gate  probably wouldn't hold him if he really wanted to get out.  He's a good boy...sometimes!

Larry working out of uniform (pajamas); Gus helping.
Larry's desk is a VersaTable that comes equipped with a pedestal that has two monitor mounts. 

 It's designed for use in schools and offices and has some nice features for managing the cables.  Fortunately, Gus doesn't chew on wires, like Vada used to, but having them out of his kennel area is an extra safety measure.

One of the reasons we chose the RED 38qba was that it has two pocket doors in this area.  Larry can close the door to the kitchen/living area when he has his phone conferences and we can close off the bedroom when he is working late.  For short day trips, we close both doors and Gus hangs out in his den.  Although he can't see outside, the big ears, hear alot and our nice neighbors didn't want to complain, but informed us that both dogs have been barking while we are away.  A future blog entry will be an update on the bark collars that are on their way.


My Space!
 And what am I doing?  I can't believe that tomorrow is actually the day that I would have been going back to work!  I used to be ready to go back after Semester Break, but this year, I haven't even thought about it.  Here I am in this picture working on this blog, with my crocheting project on the table waiting to watch the DVD for the 20th time.  And usually the TV is on, too.  My little laptop area is a comfortable spot where I can see outside and do everything.  I've been reading on my Kindle alot, too.  Although, I am having a hard time getting into "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" the first book of the very popular trilogy.  And a couple of times a day, I uproot myself from my little nest to walk the dogs.  My next project:  plan the route home and figure out where we are going this summer.  Looks like we will based in Bloomsbury for awhile so our trips will be planned around mowing grass and when the deer spray needs to be re-applied.       KB

No comments:

Post a Comment